Thursday, October 2, 2008

Became Fashionable with Henna

Henna, according to wiki is a flowering plant, the sole species in the genus Lawsonia in the family Lythraceae. The word "henna" comes from Arabic name for Lawsonia inermis, pronounced "hinna". In North India, Pakistan and bangladesh it is known as "mehndi".

Natural henna is derived from leaves of the lawsonia inermis plant and is used for making temporary tattoos. The colouring that comes from natural henna is harmless in all aspects and does not last for a much longer period of time.

Henna paste

Henna has many traditional and commercial uses, the most common being as a dye for hair, skin and fingernails. I did dye my hair and fingernails with it sometime. Just now I used it as a body art because I have this henna paste. This henna paste is a gift and just found the right moment to use it for Eid occasion.

In India, typically quite intricate and predominantly applied to brides before wedding ceremonies. In Arabic and Persian speaking countries such as Morocco, and some other countries in central Asia, it is done for any special occasion. It is done during the seventh month of pregnancy, after having the baby, weddings, engagements, family get-togethers, as well as many other reasons to simply celebrate an event. (wiki)

For me.. I did it just for fashion :p

Unfinish yet.. its still wet.. Wait till it completely dry

Actually I did it not in purpose. That day, I was very busy cooking and preparing for the Eid (for next day) ... yeah I am cookin..! nyaahaha.. :p
Then I just thought to try the henna paste. Looks like pretty easy as it has plastic cone so what I need just to use it like a pencil. But it was not that simple. I got blocking-moment lol. I did not know what to draw, what motif.. flower, leaf, dots.. or what.. But then I did it.. Abstract plants and messy here and there. Just look closer through the picture haha..

It looks like this.. I think it looks better when it still wet lol

I think, I should make it one time each sides till it completely dry. Sometime I forgot if its still wet and touched or did something then mess it lol. Anyway.. I like this henna body art. I could make it again sometime.. :p


No comments:

Post a Comment