Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Let's Go Fishing

Fishing as a hobby appeals to groups of all ages. You can fish for sport, hobby or you can catch fish to eat. But The best part of fishing is that it is a chance to enjoy the out-doors. Beside you can learn about patience, relaxing, and how to enjoy nature, it is also a great way to spend time with family or friends (depend on who you are going with).

Beautiful background of Alam Endah Fishpond - Padalarang

A good place to start fishing is in small lakes or ponds. Even tho I prefer to fish on the sea. When I was kid, fishing was something interesting me as long not using worm as the bait :p My family lived across the sea so there was a chance to go fishing with my sister and friends even tho mostly just on the sea side wall. We did catch lots of fishes :p but it didn't makes me a pro fishing lol. By the way, It takes lots of practice to become good at casting. Make sure that no one is standing near you to get caught by the hook when you are casting. Don't catch your friend with a hook! lol.

Pretty big fishpond at Alam Endah restaurant and fishpond

I had chance to fish with my friends at Alam Endah Fishpond after my Sunday Market sell. It also has restaurant located in Padalarang (not far from Bandung). There are many choice of fishes you can catch; goldfish, nila (Nile Tilapia), catfish, and bawal. Every fish you catch is not allowed to throw it back to the pond.
And take a look at my first catcht..! a goldfish :p

Woohoo.. My first catch, a goldfish .. more to go :p

But something happened to that goldfish and other 3 fishes. We put those fishes inside a net bag. Then late we realized if that net bag was broke and had big hole so those fishes could release. So we lost it all and had to start over again and got 4 fishes to bring it home.


Have fun and enjoy fishing, and don't forget to help to clean your catch-and enjoy eating it.

1 comment:

  1. LoL! After reading this, it gave me the impression that fishing is fun. *sighs* I wish I could be more patient. Lol. The last time I went fishing, my bait was all gone and still no fish for me to bring. ;)

    ReplyDelete